Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a fire identification number?

Contact the Stark Zoning Administrator, Kay Mick, at (608) 625-4449.

How do I get a Building Permit?

Information on Building Permits may be obtained from Town of Stark Zoning Administrator Kay Mick, call (608) 625-4449. The cost of a building permit for a single-family dwelling is $100. A permit for all other buildings or additions to other buildings is $50. Under the new state-mandated Uniform Dwelling Code (UDL), new single-family houses and certain additions to houses also need to be inspected. The Town of Stark has contracted for these inspections to be made.

What items can be recycled in the Town of Stark?

THE TOWN OF STARK RECYCLING CENTER IS LOCATED AT S- 3803 CORPS ROAD. Residents and landowners in the Town of Stark can bring items to be recycled on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until noon to the town recycling center located on the west end of the new town hall building. In the summer, the recycling center will also be open each Wednesday from 4 to 8 pm. Garbage will also be collected at the same place. Working cooperatively with the Vernon County Recycling Center, the Town of Stark offers the following recycling services: - Glass - Bottles and Jars ONLY! Rinse thoroughly, remove caps and rings. No window glass! - Tin Cans - Rinse, remove labels, flatten. - Plastics - Containers ONLY! Rinse, remove caps. We can recycle containers marked #1 through #7 on the bottom. - Newspapers - Bundle and tie with a heavy string. - Corrugated and other cardboard - Clean and flatten. - Magazines - Bundle and tie with a heavy string. - Low grade mixed paper - All junk mail, boxboard (cereal boxes), brown bags. Place mixed paper in brown grocery bags, (no plastic bags), fold down the top & tie with stirng. Other garbage should be placed in the dumpsters. Big ticket items like appliances, tires, batteries, oil, and metal also can be recycled, but there is a fee payment required. Check at the recycling center during normal hours of operation for more information.

How can I get a Driveway Permit?

Contact Town Zoning Administrator Kay Mick, at (608) 625-4449 for more information on obtaining a driveway permit. Driveway permits are required for any new construction that requires access to a town, county, or state road. The cost of the permit is $25.

When is the town recycling center open?

The Town of Stark Recycling Center, located at S-3803 Corps Road, will be open for Town of Stark residents and landowners on Wednesday afternoons from 3 to 7 pm and Saturday mornings from 8 AM until noon through the summer months of June, July and August.